135 Commercial St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
Mileage as of 6:30 pm:
Team GFR Saturdays - 26.2, 13.1, 10k, 5k and Relay Training
Join Gallagher Fitness Resources year-round for Team GFR Saturday Mornings at 6:45am. Since 1994, our training programs have led thousands of Salem area runners to success. Each training plan offers individualized programs for Beginner, Recreational, Advanced, and Competitor Runners. Training available for 5k, 10k, Relays, Half-Marathon and Marathon distances. Explore the road signs below to see more details regarding prices, length of training plan and a sample week of workouts.
- Expect consistent improvement by following a plan
- Learn how rewarding training can be when it's fun and social
- Receive sound advice from John and Susan Gallagher's years of coaching experience
- Be inspired by hanging out with other motivated runners
- Meet people on Saturdays and run with them during the week
- Reach your goals with the work you do and the friends who help you get there
- What are you waiting for?
- Currently runs infrequently, active 3-5 days/week
- Wants to run more consistently
- Workouts include a combination of running and walking
- Build a solid endurance base by safely and gradually adding time and mileage
- Some hill work is included
- Learn the importance of varying pace and effort
- Complete your first 5k, 10k or half-marathon
- Preview Beginner Plans:
- Has experience running 5k's, 10k's, relays, half-marathons or marathons
- Prefers to keep goals general in the midst of a busy life
- Sees running as a social outlet
- Enjoys running at a comfortable pace, but would like to improve over time
- Provides structure necessary to improve and flexibility to run a variety of race distances
- Offers a suggested "up tempo" day on either Tuesday or Wednesday each week
- Workouts help build strength and develop pacing skills
- Most of all, Recreational Level workouts are designed to keep the injuries away
- Preview Recreational Plans:
- Has a definite target time or pace in mind and wants more intensity in workouts
- Helps develop running skills and strengths and is more challenging
- Balances harder workouts at a faster pace with recovery runs at a slower pace
- Focuses energies on one or two goal marathons or half-marathons a year
- 10k and 5k plans will include workouts at a local track
- Scheduled mid-week intensity session each week
- Wider variety of workouts for Saturday runs
- Preview Advanced Plans:
- For those committed to achieving top performance
- Workouts suited for sub-3:40 marathon, sub-1:45 half marathon, sub-46:00 10k, or sub-22:00 5k (or better)
- Has a definite target time or pace in mind and can handle more intensity in workouts
- Encourages racing and other endurance-based activities
- Builds a solid program of anaerobic sharpening with strength-endurance workouts
- Wants a Boston Marathon qualifying time or to gain an extra edge as a triathlete
- Preview Competitor Plans:
- Individualized Pacing and Heart Rate Guidelines
- Exclusive discounts on purchases at Gallagher Fitness Resources during your training program.
- Look for freebies, promotions and giveaways from partners and sponsors for TEAM GFR Saturday Morning members only!
- Customized Daily Workout based on your personal data (see below)
- Month/Week-at-a-Glance Training Calendar
- Nightly Workout Mailer: Your workouts delivered to your e-mail or smartphone
Click on each of the images below for a preview. Screenshots are from 2011, but your workouts will be current! Note that the examples may not reflect your individual pace and effort.
Nightly Workout Mailer
Sign up for a block of time or for an individual training plan for 5k, 10k, Half-Marathon, a Relay or a Marathon.
- The block of time option remains from prior years. It offers flexibility to move between training plans and event distances for a period of 12 months, 9 months or 6 months.
- If you want to opt for a shorter period of time, choose an individual plan for your goal event: 26.2, 13.1, Relay, 10K or 5K.
- Saturday morning group training doesn't work out for you? Don't fret. You can still benefit from the individualized guidelines and do the training on your own.
- We have partnered with RunSignUp for online registration.
- No more paper forms to fill out! New Runner's Survey is part of registration now.
- 5k - 10 weeks total [9 wks building to your event + 1 wk recovery workouts]
- 10k - 10 weeks total [9 wks building to your event + 1 wk recovery workouts]
- Half-Marathon - 13 weeks total [11 wks building to your event + 2 wks recovery]
- Relay - 13 weeks total [11 wks building to your event + 2 wks recovery]
- Marathon - 22 weeks total [20 wks building to your event + 2 wks recovery]
Updates: Refer to our Team GFR Training Page and Team GFR Training Blog for updates and exciting news.
Susan Gallagher Susan@ActiveSalem.com
John Gallagher JohnG@ActiveSalem.com
Registration Form (pdf) Reduced prices for 2013-14!
Home | Products | Event Calendar | Race Results | Training Clinics | Training Blog
About GFR | Location | Contact Us | Clubs | Resources | Photos | Media
Site by AbleDesign