135 Commercial NE
Gallagher Fitness Training Programs
Meet your goals
GFR offers the best selection of shoes, apparel and accessories and offers the best advice for walkers and runners in the Willamette Valley at no extra charge! We are ready with what you need for walking, running or just starting out. Gallagher's remains committed to the Salem Community. We are here for you. Thanks for being there for us!
Congratulations to all local participants finishing the the Victoria Marathon and the Portland Marathon (and associated events) this past weekend. Portland Marathon Photos
Special thanks to those completing the Domestic Violence Awareness 5k/10k, and all the other Salem area races over the last month! Domestic Violence Awareness 5k/10k Photos
Participation numbers are up everywhere. Thanks for your support of great local events. Great job! If you keep showing up, we'll keep sponsoring them!
Whatever your passion, all of us at Gallagher Fitness Resources are here with great advice and a store full of products to help you achieve your goals and keep you moving forward!
New Features on ActiveSalem.com
Our website has been updated! Have you visited it lately? Our homepage now includes a week-at-a-glance calendar feature, and real-time Twitter and Facebook feeds. In addition, there have been updates to the TEAM GFR Training Page and Team GFR Blog. All the features on the ActiveSalem.com site are mobile-enabled. If your smartphone has become your pocket computer, you can still access everything happening at Gallagher Fitness and ActiveSalem! Look for even more improvements over the next few months.
|Jasper's D.O.G.S. Special
Hi, I'm Jasper, Director of Greetings and Sales.
Looks like the move from summer to fall has changed quickly on us again this year. We are stocked with great gear for the cooler weather, but we need to clear out some remaining summer shoes and gear. The October D.O.G.S. specials:
- 30% off all Men's & Women's short-sleeved Shirts, Singlets and Tanks!
- All Asics GT-2160's now $79.95 while supplies last! (Includes men's, women's and trail models).
- 25% off all in-stock PUMA shoes!
|Team GFR Training Program
Celebration - Orientation - Registration
26.2 - 13.1 - 10k - 5k - RelaysGFR Half Marathon/Marathon Training Participants, Current & AlumniAnd Any Other Interested RunnersJoin Us!CELEBRATION - REGISTRATION - PROGRAM OVERVIEWThursday, October 27, 2011 5:30-8:00PMReed Opera House - Trinity Ballroom189 Liberty St. NE, Salem, OR 973015:30-6:45 Cocktail Hour, Venti's Appetizers, No-Host Bar6:45-7:15 Training Program Overview7:15-7:30 Chemeketa Running Mentors Program7:30-8:00 Registration - Q&A and SocialRaffle Prizes for Program Registrants!
RSVP by Thursday, 10/20
Unable To Attend?
Sign up at Gallagher's beginning Monday, Oct. 10th
First Group Run Saturday, October 29th 6:45AM
Gallagher Fitness Resources 135 Commercial St NE
|Cross Country Season at GFR
End of Season Specials - XC Spikes/Racing Flats
As the XC courses get sloppy with mud and slippery conditions, be sure you get that extra edge for the conference, district and state meets! We have limited sizes of Saucony, Brooks, adidas and Nike XC Spikes and Flats still available. Come check them out. 15% discount on all remaining stock for student athletes (middle school, high school, college). [Sale does not apply to special orders.]
|Good Form Running Classes
Who: Runners interested in improving their form
What: Good Form Running (GFR) at GFR
When: 1st and 3rd Thursdays 6:05-7:30 pm
Where: Gallagher Fitness, 135 Commercial St NE
Limited: to 12 runners - Classes fill quickly - Reserve your spot!
GFR teaches runners of all levels the basics of an efficient running stride. To run well and run efficiently, you need to know the basics. Once you learn, you will be able to build strength, build speed, and stay uninjured.
Why should you sign up for this FREE class?
- Improve your running and walking efficiency by learning your appropriate stride length
- Easy-to-learn, easy-to-use drills and video analysis to help participants feel a contrast between their current running/walking form and Good Form Running
- Understand the importance of Posture, Midfoot, Cadence, and Lean
- Leave your class with a list of specific tips and skills to improve on
- Learn some ways to build foot strength, core strength, and healthy alignment.
- It's FREE and personalized. Small groups will provide individual attention.
Link: Good Form Running - New Balance
| GFR Introduces ALTRA
ALTRA ZERODROP Intuition and Instinct
Fall Running Shoe Review: Competitor Magazine's Most Innovative
Men's INSTINCT & Women's INTUITION
Arriving in September!
"Enjoy the benefits of better running technique without sacrificing the full cushioning & support you love in your traditional running shoes."
- Zero Drop from heel to toe encourages better landing angles and bone structure positioning for vastly reduced impact on knees, hips, lower back, and more.
- Foot Shaped Design allows for full toe spread and is particularly helpful for bunions, neuromas, blisters, & forefoot pain.
- A-Bound energy return layer compresses less than 10% (compared to 70-90% for traditional running shoe foam)
- Women's model is completely female specific---accounting for a Women's narrower heel, broader forefoot, longer instep, higher arch & more for a fit that is uniquely female.
|Trigger Point Class
Next Class: Monday October 17: 6:15-7:30pm.
Location: Gallagher Fitness Resources, 135 Commercial St NE
Class Size: limited to 12
Cost: $30.00 if you use your own trigger point tools; $40 to Try B4U Buy. Must be received by registration deadline
How to Register: Sign-up In-Store or reserve your spot by phone with credit card payment
Details: Bring your Trigger Point tools or let us know if you would like to Try B4U Buy. Bring an exercise mat. Arrive by 6pm to check in. If you don't have Trigger Point products and wish to purchase them prior to class, please arrive before 6pm. This is a hands-on class. Questions: 503-364-4198 or email Susan@ActiveSalem.comKeep your muscles healthy by using Trigger Point Performance Therapy tools. All tools are available at Gallagher Fitness Resources.
Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you know who walks, runs or wants to start!
Stay in touch via our website, Facebook Page or Twitter!
Gallagher Fitness Resources Page on Facebook
John and Susan Gallagher and Bob Ray, Owners
Staff: Evey Young, Kyle Boyd, Jessie Lenhardt, Molly Schreiner and Jasper, too!